1. The local people, called Emiratis, are just 15% of the total population. Majority of the population is split between India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and European countries
Pic courtesy: 25.hct.ac
2. The Dubai police fleet includes a Lamborghini, Ferrari, and Bentley. They are the cops who make NFS look realistic.
Pic courtesy: haokoo_2.com
3. The tallest building in the world, Burj Khalifa, with a 164 floors is in Dubai.
Pic courtesy: wallpapersnewhd.com
4. Dubai has no address system, no zip codes, no area codes and no postal system. Hence, online shopping is not right way to shop!
Pic courtesy: creativecultureint.com
5. There are ATMs in Dubai that dispense gold bars.
Pic courtesy: babylovestotravel.com
6. There is a golf course in Dubai that requires 4,000,000 gallons of water a day.
Pic courtesy: tattoopinners.com
7. The above ground metro station opened in Dubai 2009. It consists of 42 stations and was built in just 18 months. Yes, folks, they built an entire system is less than two years!
Pic courtesy: hallodubai.com
8. Dubailand will be twice the size of Disneyworld in Florida and is expected to be the largest tourist destination by 2020. Go Alladin!
Pic courtesy: fassinoimmobiliare.com